Through the UA Science: Sky School, we provide year-round residential science programs (1-5 days) to Arizona K-12 students at the 25-acre Mt. Lemmon campus. Programs focus on core UA science areas such as sky island ecology, biology, geology and astronomy and have been developed in collaboration with local school districts to meet state and national science standards. Programs include:
- Daytime field instruction in small groups on Mt. Lemmon with UA graduate student scientists serving as instructors and mentors
- Student developed and led research projects
- Nighttime astronomy experiences with University telescopes
- Post-trip relationships with UA scientists built via exploration of long-term datasets and web resources for classrooms
- Dormitory lodging and all meals on-site
For more information, complete our contact form and we will contact you.